After being nominated by the fabulous Sunita from Lucky Things (do check out her blog) & to celebrate my 2 month blogging anniversary I decided to take up The 20 Facts About Me Challenge and let you know a little more about the person behind the Blog. Here goes –
- I once went to a music festival wearing nothing but a white bikini and fluffy boots (picture above!!)
- I met my husband at the tender age of 20, married at 25 and we celebrate our 10yr wedding anniversary next year (you do the math)
- My party trick when a’ little tipsy’ is to break out into full-scale Riverdance Irish Dancing (I once convinced a bar full of people I was one of the original members of Riverdance)
- I trained in Ballet from the age of 2 – 21 (sadly gave up ballet for a boy, now hubby)
- I’m a secret BBC Radio 4 ‘Archers’ fan and listen to it in the bath (normally with both kids)
- My pregnancy craving with both babies was Gregg’s sausage rolls. I sometimes ate 3 a day.
- The 1st hotel I ever stayed in 14 years ago was the Jumeirah Beach hotel in Dubai. I work in Travel and we paid £250 for 3 nights’ accommodation and flights. Bargain!
- I had facial reconstruction surgery due to a medical condition when i was 17 (basically and nose & chin job )
- I drank 2 cans of G&T in hospital after giving birth to Charley ( Good hubby sneaked them in )
- I start every day by writing a ‘things to do list’
- While on a sightseeing tour of New York I met and had an hour-long conversation with the American Comedian/Chat Show Host Jimmy Fallon.
- I have a severe fear of clowns
- I love hosting parties and will throw one for the opening of an envelope.
- When I & my hubby moved into our first flat aged 21 we couldn’t afford proper food so we ate baked beans on toast for 3 weeks and drink the bottles of cava we had been given as housewarming presents.
- I am 1/2 Maltese (the country not the dog)
- My motto in life is ‘Be a Flamingo in a Flock of Pigeons’
- I had a totally natural (no drugs, no gas & air, nothing) water birth with Charley ( I do point out this wasn’t by choice. We had to get her out quick after a long labour)
- I have toured the Aston Martin factory 3 times
- When I was growing up I wanted to move to NY and be Carrie Bradshaw from SATC
- As retired ravers, I & hubby love nothing more than reliving our youth and sticking trance music on for a good old dance around the front room.
I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a bit more. Feel free to comment below with an interesting fact about yourself. I now nominate to do the 20 Facts About Me Challenge –
Vicky from Being Tilly’s Mum
Carla from Random Thoughts of a 20 Something
Rosey from PND & Me!
Maria from Suburban Mum
Jodie from This Mum Business
Cara from Lyla’s Angels
Harriett from Mummy goes where Florence goes…
Jeannette from Autism Mumma
Alice from Living with a Jude
Clare from Clarissa Blogs
Mark from Big Man in the Woods
Naomi from Mummy and Lola
Claire from Dear,Mummy Bear
Tori from Finding Tori