We have had a lot of firsts in the house recently (School, nursery, Birthday) and now it time for me to have a 1st. It’s my 1st day back at work next week and having looked long and hard in the mirror I was in need of a makeover. By day I have an uber posh job which means my present uniform of jeans, t-shirt and 3 day old messy hair isn’t going to cut it. So I have given myself a mummy makeover in preparation for the impending day. First stop was to buy some new (well sort of) dresses. I find dresses easier to wear to work as you just need to throw on a pair of shoes with them and you’re done. I only had a couple of hours to shop before the kids needed picking up so I hit up my favourite charity shops to see what they had. Below is a brand new Next dress that cost be £1!!!! Seriously. I brought another 3 all for under £8 each.
I was given this H&C necklace as a Xmas gift from a friend and I love it so much. It makes me feel like I’m carrying a little bit of the kids around with me (In a non Hannibal Lecter kind of way)
Next stop was the hairdressers for a much needed cut & restyle. The lovely Lana at Hair Studio Poulton basically worked miracles on my dry, damaged nest of a head. I have been coming to the Salon for 2 years and they never disappoint. I left the salon and bounced down the road feeling like I was in a Vidal Sassoon advert. Poulton is my Paris. Highly, highly recommend Lana! (And no they aren’t paying me to say this)
I hardly ever wear makeup during the week but at work I attend a lot of meeting so need to look 1/2 alive. I will have less than 10 minutes to style my hair and put on make-up so I have chosen multi-functional products. Below I will give you a quick overview of my routine
- Apply 2-3 drops of Body Shop’s Drops Of Youth Concentrate to cleansed skin ( allow to dry for 1 min)
- Apply a pea sized amount of Body Shop’s Skin defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF50 to face & neck. I work in cities a lot so this helps protect against pollution & sun exposure.
- Apply & blend Rimmel’s Wake Me Up Concealer under your eyes and over any spots.
- Mix a pea sized amount of both the Body Shop’s Peachy Glow CC Cream & Honey Bronze Face Gel and apply to you face with your fingers or a damp beauty sponge.(This gives a lovely fresh glow to your face and evens out your skin tone)
- Dust Cheeks with Beauty UK blusher in Capital Pink using Real Techniques Sculpting Brush.(im a big blusher fan)
- Brush through eyebrows & set with benefits gimme brow (I work in Liverpool so need a ‘Powerbrow’)
- Apply 2 coats of Lancôme Hypnose in Brun
- 1 Minute spare to stick straighteners over your hair and slick on some lip balm
And finally and most importantly I will no longer be lugging around a full to the brim nappy bag. I will instead be rocking a cute little Michael Kors handbag on Tuesday carrying only my phone, purse, lippy & keys. Oh the freedom!!! (Well until I get handed my new laptop & work phone)
Wish me luck and if you have any tips for getting out the house on time or tell me how you survived the 1st week back then let me know in the comment box below.
I hope you have a great weekend. I’m going to enjoy my last few days of MAT leave with the kids watching a fireworks display tonight, throwing another party for some mummy friends tomorrow (I Love a party!) and catching up on a Trashy TV on Sunday . XxXx