This weeks featured blogger is the very sophisticated Laura from Mumma&Co. A very busy lady who between Laura & her Fiance Rob have 6 children ( and Rob wants more !! ). If Laura isn’t in need of a night out then no one is. Over to Laura to tell you about what she like to get up to on a rare night off ……….
My name is Laura, I’m 23 and I have two beautiful children, Alfie who is 6 and Holly who is almost 7 months old. I have a fiance called Rob – he’s the biggest kid of the family! Including his two other children which makes us a crazy family of six! I have a rare blood type which changed from a negative to a positive when I was pregnant with my daughter.. My family always said I was weird!
1. Tell me what you are wearing and why it’s your favourite going out outfit?
I am wearing my Coach heels and a dress by Paraphrase. I felt very glamorous in this dress, I prefer more classy dresses which hide more flesh and when I saw this I just had to buy it! I was attending my fiances work party currently 20 weeks pregnant with Holly at the time, this dress was perfect to try to hide my teeny baby bump. Although the shoes we’re lovely, they didn’t half hurt by 1 am!
2. How often do you get to go on nights out?
Night out? What’s that? Haha I’m kidding. Not very often – I’d say I go out once every 4-5 months.
3. Where is your favourite place to go on a night out? ( e.g. favourite bar / restaurant/concert )
My favourite place to go on a night out is probably to the cinema and perhaps a restaurant too. Me and Rob both love movies
4. How much do you normally spend on an outfit and where do you like to shop?
The most I would probably spend on a full outfit could range from £40-80 depending where I shop and also depending on the occasion. If it’s for a couple of drinks with a few of friends, I’d shop at Primark. If it’s a big fancy event, Dorothy Perkins, Topshop or River Island.
5. How long does it take you to get ready?
Probably around 2 hours. A few weeks ago when I was getting ready to go out for a friend’s birthday, I started getting ready at 3 pm and we didn’t need to be there until 7! Moral of the story: If you want enough time to get ready with a breastfeeding baby clung to you, give yourself at least 4 hours prep time.
6. What is your favourite drink?
I love Old Mout Cider – any flavour! I do drink wine, but I have to be in the mood for it.
7. Do you have a party trick?
I can ‘click’ my knees when I bend down! Is that a party trick? Haha
8. What’s the most you have ever spend on an item of clothing/accessory?
The most I have ever spent is £80 on a Fiorelli handbag. I never use it!
9. What’s your No1 tip for getting ready with kids in the house?
DISTRACTION. I’m not a big fan of sitting kids in front of the TV, but if it means it gives me a spare hour to put my face on, I’ll do it!
10. If you could have a night out anywhere in the world where would it be, why that location and what would you do on the night out?
I would choose to have a night out in Las Vegas! Although I’m not much of a nightlife person – I would absolutely love to hit the nightclubs and end the night in a casino.. You only live once, right?!
How Fab is Laura. If you would like to follow Laura and her family then pop over to her Blog: www.mummaandco.co.uk & Twitter: @_mummaandco and follow the fun.