This week’s featured Blogger is Jodie from Dear Little Daisy. An amazing Photographer and Blogger Jodie’s website is nothing short of a stunning piece of art ( I think it also helps that her muse Daisy is so cute ) Jodie is a busy lady and enjoy’s a Staycations rather than a night out on the town. Here Jodie will run you though her night on the sofa …
I’m Jodie! I’m a part-time social media manager and a freelance photographer. In my spare time I like to blog over at ‘Dear Little Daisy’. I have a wonderful partner, Andrew, and a lovely headstrong two year old, Daisy. We live in a little town in Hertfordshire and blog about our day to day lives..
- Tell me what you are wearing and why it’s your favourite going out outfit?
I’m wearing my pyjamas because my favourite going out outfit is definitely my staying in outfit! When I get a night off from Daisy (she tends to stay at her nanny’s every so often) I like to get into my pyjamas nice and early!
- How often do you get to go on nights out?
Very rarely! I tend to have Daisy every night unless her nanny decides she wants a sleepover at the weekend.
- Where is your favourite place to go on a night out? (e.g. favourite bar / restaurant/concert)
My sofa! Unless me and Andrew get to have a rare ‘date day’ and then we like to find a nice independent coffee shop in a village or find a cute pub to have lunch in.
- How much do you normally spend on an outfit and where do you like to shop?
Sainsbury’s is definitely my favourite for Pyjamas! But I also like to shop in H&M, Asos and Zara.
- How long does it take you to get ready?
It takes me approximately 10 minutes to get UN-ready and into my pyjamas. In the morning (for a date day) it’ll take about an hour. I like to get ready quite slow.
- What is your favourite drink?
I don’t drink alcohol much. I don’t really enjoy it! The only exception is a nice glass of rose wine in the evening occasionally.
- Do you have a party trick?
I can multitask.. I can watch TV, be on my laptop, listen to music, drink tea and fall asleep.. Pretty much at the same time. Does that count haha?!
- What’s the most you have ever spent on an item of clothing/accessory?
I don’t really remember spending too much on clothing and accessories. Usually just the average! I did once spend £40 on a bobble hat…
- What’s your No1 tip for getting ready with kids in the house?
Give them the iPad and snacks. It works every time! Daisy will occasionally rebel and try to steal all my makeup and do her own makeup. But 9 times out of 10 it works!
10. If you could have a night out anywhere in the world where would it be, why that location and what would you do on the night out?
A night in Iceland watching the Northern lights – ohhh now that’s what I would call a night out! Or a night wandering around the cobbled streets of Rome. I love traveling and will happily hop on out of my pyjamas to go catch a flight elsewhere!
If you have enjoyed find out a bit more about Jodie today why not pop over and take a look at her pages –
I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog series on ‘Parents Night Out/In . Feel free to leave me some comments or If you would like to take part then leave your e-mail address below.