This week’s featured Blogger is Steph from Stephs Two Girls . Blogger, wife & mummy of 2, Steph is an award nominated writer raising the awareness of Pathological Demand Avoidance Autism. Steph also has an amazing talent for making cupcakes so anyone with a sweet tooth will enjoy baking one of her recipes. Steph is our lady in red tonight, so without further ado over to Steph …….
I’m Steph, 44 years old (gulp) and married with two girls aged 11 and 9. Youngest girl has autism which is why I started blogging; I do various bits of work from home and run courses for parents of children with autism. This year I was amazed to be nominated for a MAD Blog Award in the outstanding category and in the Inspire category for BritMums BiBs.
- Tell me what you are wearing and why it’s your favourite going out outfit?
First of all I’ll just say how difficult it is to find a decent photo of me in anything – very rarely full-length for sure! This dress is the one I word for the MADS – I ordered it at the last minute, online from House of Fraser, along with 2 others. I asked for votes on Instagram as to which suited me best and this one won – bonus as it was in the sale and was the cheapest! I’ve always loved the colour red; it’s my favourite winter coat colour and always makes me feel cheerful when I wear it.
- How often do you get to go on nights out?
So rarely get to go out these days, maybe once a month on average at most.
- Where is your favourite place to go on a night out? (E.g. favourite bar / restaurant/concert)
My all-time favourite night out would have to be to a Take that concert – I’ve been to every tour (sometimes more than once, and have even seen them in Italy!). Generally I’m happy with anything though – Italian restaurant probably my favourite for more everyday get-togethers.
- How much do you normally spend on an outfit and where do you like to shop?
I’m rubbish at buying clothes for myself and when I usually go out it tends to be the old standard ‘top and jeans’ so I generally search for a new top once in a while, mostly in Debenhams, anything up to £50ish.
- How long does it take you to get ready?
Half an hour unless I need to shower and wash my hair, then it’s an hour and a half!
- What is your favourite drink?
Pimms & lemonade in summer, Southern Comfort and lemonade in winter. I usually make do with Prosecco though. Even better if it’s pink!
- Do you have a party trick?
Nope, nothing, not very exciting at all sorry.
- What’s the most you have ever spend on an item of clothing/accessory?
Honestly, I couldn’t tell you. Wedding dress, can’t remember how much though?!
- What’s your No1 tip for getting ready with kids in the house?
Make sure someone else is in the house to look after them and close the door!
- If you could have a night out anywhere in the world where would it be, why that location and what would you do on the night out?
Las Vegas; I’ve never been and I’d love to go and be reckless with a wad of cash.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog series on ‘Parents Night Out ‘Feel free to leave me some comments or if you would like to take part then leave your e-mail address below.