2017 Plan of Action – No more ‘Winging It ‘

While most people were recovering from hangovers yesterday I was giving the house a good spring clean and chucking out all the old Cr*p we have acquired over the last year. Out went all my old size 8 jeans.I’m a healthy size 12 and quite happy with it so why keep on to things I don’t need. Next went all the kid’s old toys, ready for 1st charity bag that comes through the door this week and finally the baby clothes I have been hanging onto ‘ just in case’. I have been blessed with 2 healthy children and it’s time to give birth to something else, a new career. So far I have just been ‘winging it ‘ where my blog is concerned but if I ever want to make writing into a career I’m going to need a plan. So taking inspiration from the lovely Aby from You Baby Me Mummy I have written out my plan of action for 2017. I’m sharing it with you all so I can’t back out or slow the pace. 2017 is going to be the year of change for me with a new house, new career & new way of living ( fingers crossed I still have a husband)

Present Social Media Followings

Twitter: 1,763~ Instagram: 926 ~YouTube:73 ~Pinterest: 89~ Facebook: 1,072

(Click on the links above if you are not already following me  )

Goals for the Year

• Write 2 blog posts per week
  • Take a photography course
  • Take a Social Media Manager Course
  • Vlog 3 times a month
  • Set up a Linky and have 20 participants joining each week.
  • Feature 52 bloggers on my blog series ‘ Parents Night Out ‘
  • Make £1,000 from my blog.
  • To have had my work published in a magazine / online publication at least twice

Quarter 1

• Pitch to 15 companies
  • Increase all social media followings by 20%
  • Set up a Linky
  • Feature on 6 other bloggers sites
  • Research photography course

Quarter 2

• Pitch to more 15 companies
  • Increase all social media following by a further 20%
  • Have a ‘live’ linky and have 8 participants per week
  • Completed or completing the photography course
  • Research Social Media Manager course

Quarter 3

• Pitch / Re-work with 15 companies
  • Increase social media following by a further 20%
  • Have 15 people joining my weekly linky
  • Completed or be completing the Social Media Manager Course

Quarter 4

• Be using my Photography / Social Media Manager skills to further my career
  • Increase social media following by 20%
  • To have 20 people joining my weekly linky
  • To have earned £1,000 through my blog

Thank’s for reading and let me know what challenges you are setting yourself for 2017? What’s your passion in Life? Leave your comments below

1. December 27, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Great goals and really specific too! Good luck with them, although I know you won’t need it – you will be fabulous as always x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 27, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Thanks Fi , may as well aim high 😘 X x x

2. December 27, 2016 / 5:46 pm

This sounds really achievable! Great goals. We are now going into my fifth calendar year of blogging and I still feel like I’m winging it. I’ll be making some clear goals this year! x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 27, 2016 / 5:59 pm

Thank you. I wanted to set some realistic goals based on still working & travelling 4 days a week and having 2 under 5’s to look after on top of blogging. I hope to overachieve on everything but as long as i stay on track i will be happy 🙂 Thank you so much for commenting X

3. December 29, 2016 / 9:30 am

Such a great idea to break it up into quarters. I love your goals. They’re al definitely achievable, you can do it! I really want to do a photography course too. I love the sound of your parents night out series. x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 29, 2016 / 9:43 am

I’m just coming into my 6th month of blogging so I didn’t want to bit off more than I could chew and set myself up to fail. Would i love to have made 10K by the end of 2017 , hell yes but if i get to 1K i will be happy. Thank you so much for commenting and i will send you an e-mail with the details of my blog series. If you want to join in them just pop it back to me 🙂

4. December 29, 2016 / 11:33 am

Great goals and so well thought out. I’ve realised that I need to improve/include photos in my blog so a course may be a good option.

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 30, 2016 / 8:04 am

I have a great fancy camera but sometimes it’s just easier to snap away on my Iphone. I do need to include some more quality shots 🙂

5. December 29, 2016 / 3:55 pm

These are brilliant blog goals and really specific! I need to join your guest series. Good luck with 2017. Claire x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 30, 2016 / 8:02 am

Thanks , your welcome to join in. I think i sent you the details before Xmas 🙂

6. December 31, 2016 / 9:13 am

awesome goals and let me know if that linky gets up and running xx #Thelist

7. December 31, 2016 / 12:55 pm

I really need to do this! Love how you’ve broken down your goals so much, makes it much easier to put a plan in place to achieve them. x #TheList

8. January 1, 2017 / 11:47 pm

Sounds like some reasonable goals and well thought out. I still need to work mine out. Like Donna, I’m in year 5, and still haven’t got specific goals in place #thelist

9. January 29, 2017 / 7:23 am

I love how this is broken down, it all seems much more manageable in chunks, I am going to do the same albeit a little but late!