2017 Plan of Action – No more ‘Winging It ‘

While most people were recovering from hangovers yesterday I was giving the house a good spring clean and chucking out all the old Cr*p we have acquired over the last year. Out went all my old size 8 jeans.I’m a healthy size 12 and quite happy with it so why keep on to things I don’t need. Next went all the kid’s old toys, ready for 1st charity bag that comes through the door this week and finally the baby clothes I have been hanging onto ‘ just in case’. I have been blessed with 2 healthy children and it’s time to give birth to something else, a new career. So far I have just been ‘winging it ‘ where my blog is concerned but if I ever want to make writing into a career I’m going to need a plan. So taking inspiration from the lovely Aby from You Baby Me Mummy I have written out my plan of action for 2017. I’m sharing it with you all so I can’t back out or slow the pace. 2017 is going to be the year of change for me with a new house, new career & new way of living ( fingers crossed I still have a husband)

Present Social Media Followings

Twitter: 1,763~ Instagram: 926 ~YouTube:73 ~Pinterest: 89~ Facebook: 1,072

(Click on the links above if you are not already following me  )

Goals for the Year

• Write 2 blog posts per week
  • Take a photography course
  • Take a Social Media Manager Course
  • Vlog 3 times a month
  • Set up a Linky and have 20 participants joining each week.
  • Feature 52 bloggers on my blog series ‘ Parents Night Out ‘
  • Make £1,000 from my blog.
  • To have had my work published in a magazine / online publication at least twice

Quarter 1

• Pitch to 15 companies
  • Increase all social media followings by 20%
  • Set up a Linky
  • Feature on 6 other bloggers sites
  • Research photography course

Quarter 2

• Pitch to more 15 companies
  • Increase all social media following by a further 20%
  • Have a ‘live’ linky and have 8 participants per week
  • Completed or completing the photography course
  • Research Social Media Manager course

Quarter 3

• Pitch / Re-work with 15 companies
  • Increase social media following by a further 20%
  • Have 15 people joining my weekly linky
  • Completed or be completing the Social Media Manager Course

Quarter 4

• Be using my Photography / Social Media Manager skills to further my career
  • Increase social media following by 20%
  • To have 20 people joining my weekly linky
  • To have earned £1,000 through my blog

Thank’s for reading and let me know what challenges you are setting yourself for 2017? What’s your passion in Life? Leave your comments below

Becci
X

14 Comments

1. December 27, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Great goals and really specific too! Good luck with them, although I know you won’t need it – you will be fabulous as always x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 27, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Thanks Fi , may as well aim high 😘 X x x

2. December 27, 2016 / 5:46 pm

This sounds really achievable! Great goals. We are now going into my fifth calendar year of blogging and I still feel like I’m winging it. I’ll be making some clear goals this year! x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 27, 2016 / 5:59 pm

Thank you. I wanted to set some realistic goals based on still working & travelling 4 days a week and having 2 under 5’s to look after on top of blogging. I hope to overachieve on everything but as long as i stay on track i will be happy 🙂 Thank you so much for commenting X

3. December 29, 2016 / 9:30 am

Such a great idea to break it up into quarters. I love your goals. They’re al definitely achievable, you can do it! I really want to do a photography course too. I love the sound of your parents night out series. x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 29, 2016 / 9:43 am

I’m just coming into my 6th month of blogging so I didn’t want to bit off more than I could chew and set myself up to fail. Would i love to have made 10K by the end of 2017 , hell yes but if i get to 1K i will be happy. Thank you so much for commenting and i will send you an e-mail with the details of my blog series. If you want to join in them just pop it back to me 🙂

4. December 29, 2016 / 11:33 am

Great goals and so well thought out. I’ve realised that I need to improve/include photos in my blog so a course may be a good option.

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 30, 2016 / 8:04 am

I have a great fancy camera but sometimes it’s just easier to snap away on my Iphone. I do need to include some more quality shots 🙂

5. December 29, 2016 / 3:55 pm

These are brilliant blog goals and really specific! I need to join your guest series. Good luck with 2017. Claire x

• The UnNatural Mother
      December 30, 2016 / 8:02 am

Thanks , your welcome to join in. I think i sent you the details before Xmas 🙂

6. December 31, 2016 / 9:13 am

awesome goals and let me know if that linky gets up and running xx #Thelist

7. December 31, 2016 / 12:55 pm

I really need to do this! Love how you’ve broken down your goals so much, makes it much easier to put a plan in place to achieve them. x #TheList

8. January 1, 2017 / 11:47 pm

Sounds like some reasonable goals and well thought out. I still need to work mine out. Like Donna, I’m in year 5, and still haven’t got specific goals in place #thelist

9. January 29, 2017 / 7:23 am

I love how this is broken down, it all seems much more manageable in chunks, I am going to do the same albeit a little but late!