#RockingMotherhood Tag

I am the first person to admit I am no Mary Poppins when it comes to being a mummy and there are days when Facebook is filled with yummy mummies baking and crafting with their little munchkins while I am knee-deep in baby dribble and at war with Harry.It was on one of those eventful days in December I read Patricia from WhiteCamellias post on #RockingMotherhood and so today I thought I would give myself a break (between battles) and write my 10 reasons I am rocking the sh*t out of Motherhood.

1. I work hard to give my kids every opportunity available to them.This doesn’t mean I spoil them but I want them to be well-travelled, well-educated and enjoy all that life can give them.
  2. I am a big kid at heart and have no issues with dressing up as Elsa, jumping in some muddy puddles like Peppa or swinging from trees like Tarzan.
  3. I am my children’s quiet place, away from all the noise of the world.
  4. I am bringing my children up to be who they want to be and knowing that whatever path they take I will be there to support them.
  5. I give the best cuddles.Simply they are the best
  6. I can be fearless, in the case of huge black spiders needing removal or rescuing children from the top of 20ft inflatable slides ( while 20 weeks pregnant), I just do what needs to be done.
  7. I am following my own Motherhood path and do not listen to outside sources.
  8. I breastfeed both my babies where ever and whenever they needed it for as long as they wanted my boob.
  9. I make sure our free time & weekends are filled with fun activities to keep them entertained and stop them being glued to YouTube.
  10. When in pain I will stay up all night with my children rocking them and softly singing ‘Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer’ ( It was the only song I knew when Harry was born so it’s my go-to song all year round )

How are you #RockingMotherhood? What would your 10 reasons be?

RockingMotherhood

I am now tagging 5 more bloggers to take up the challenge

Abbie from www.mamawilkos.com

Victoria from www.mummytimestwo.com

Laura from www.fivelittledoves.com

Deborah from http://countryheartandhome.com

Care from www.carejohnson.co.uk

Here are the Rules

1. Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
  2. List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind.)
  3. Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
  4. Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.

Becci

X

Dear Bear and Beany

17 Comments

1. January 3, 2017 / 9:19 pm

Becci this is such a lovely post. We all go through challenging phases as mothers and I’m really happy you decided to give yourself a break and focus on some of the things you are amazing at. I love it that you are a child at heart. I think I am too and it sure makes things quite fun. ‘I am my children’s quiet place, away from all the noise of the world.’ is just such a beautiful statement. Thank you again for taking part x

• The UnNatural Mother
      January 7, 2017 / 12:54 pm

I’m so glad i did it. It has reminded me that i am doing a good job and even in the darker moments i really am Rocking Motherhood. Such a great idea to make it into a series.

2. January 5, 2017 / 6:32 pm

I loved this post so much, especially the party’s about being a big kid at heart. That’s something I am most certainly guilty for/ good at too. Mmmm especially of course if it involves Disney! #Sharingthebloglove

3. January 6, 2017 / 2:28 pm

What a fabulous tag. Love your reasons why you are rocking motherhood and how nice to focus on the things you are doing right and push aside that mummy guilt that we all have. Mummy cuddles are definitely the best and I love that you describe yourself as your children’s quiet place 🙂 #triballove

4. January 6, 2017 / 3:30 pm

You really are rocking motherhood. What a wonderful tag. A lovely reminder you should look back on when you’re having a crappy day. #tribalchat

5. January 6, 2017 / 7:08 pm

This is fab, I think we need to remind ourselves more often how we are rocking motherhood. To easy to focus on how we could be better and what we’re not good at. Good to hear you aren’t influenced by outside sources too 🙂
    #tribalchat

6. January 6, 2017 / 7:30 pm

What a fab post! We all have things that we’re great at when it comes to being a mum, but it’s so easy to lose sight of those when you’ve had one of those rubbish days where nothing goes right and you feel like a complete failure. I love that you join in with things like jumping in muddy puddles and swinging from trees – it’s like revisiting your own childhood again! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

7. January 6, 2017 / 8:12 pm

What a nice way to stop and actually take stock of all the rocking things you do without thinking about it. We all crack on with motherhood everyday not really appreciating the awesomeness (we’re probably beating ourselves up for the things we hadn’t done – why do we do that?) #mumsrock xx

8. January 6, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Love your answers particularly ‘following my own Motherhood path’ that’s definitely rocking it. #tribalchat

9. January 10, 2017 / 11:40 am

I love this! I am terrible for just looking at the things I feel like I am failing at and never the things that I am getting right. Such a positive post and has really cheered me up this morning. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove x

10. February 13, 2017 / 10:47 am

I love this! It’s important to remember that, even if we aren’t “natural mothers” we are still good ones 😊 #postsfromtheheart

11. February 13, 2017 / 12:34 pm

I really love this challenge, I think it’s great to sit down and think about what a great job us parents really are doing! And by the sounds of it you’ve got 10 brilliant reasons why you’re rocking motherhood! 🙂
    I agree with the getting out and about, YouTube and Tablet Time is restricted in our home because I don’t want them to think that’s all there is in life!
    Go you for rocking motherhood! Becky x #PostsFromTheHeart

12. February 13, 2017 / 4:01 pm

But what I want to know is do you dress as Elsa and THEN jump in muddy puddles! #PostsFromTheHeart

• The UnNatural Mother
      February 13, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Yes, though the other day i did dress up as Minney Mouse.I like to mix it up 🙂

13. February 13, 2017 / 8:28 pm

#postsfromtheHeart I love this and enjoyed writing mine. My favourite on your list is being the quiet place you children can go to. What blessed little people you have 🙂

14. February 17, 2017 / 2:32 pm

Great list. Ive been tagged in this but struggling to find ten!
    #PostsFromTheHeart