I am sure your holiday during Summer now seems like a distant memory and with the rain-soaked days and cold winter nights I wouldn’t blame anyone who hops on a plane in search of some sun. No one wants to sit on a plane for several hours or have the torture of entertaining 2 kids on a long haul flight, so in my mind the perfect place to pop over to is Tenerife !! Tenerife has long been a favourite destination of mine. I have traveled there to rave in the nightclubs ( before kids ), with my mum on a girly break and more recently we traveled with Holiday Gems ( click here for details ) as a family of 4 seeking some PG fun. So as I have traveled there several times I thought I would share with you My Top 10 Favourite Places To Visit In Tenerife. Some are attractions, some restaurants & a couple of hotels to give you inspiration.
My Top Ten Favourite Places To Visit In Tenerife
- Siam Park – Rated as one of the best water parks in the world Siam Park is the perfect day out for all the family. We went peak season so I do advise buying fast passes if you go in the mid-summer. Lots to do for little ones with a huge water play area dedicated to the under 8’s, some nice gentle water slides for the novices and then some super speed, high drop rides for the thrill seekers among you.
- Las Rocas Beach Club – Not one for the kids !!! This place is aimed at adults only and is a haven of peace & quiet. Full of white cabanas, ice-cold cocktails & where the beautiful people come to play during the day. Pull out your best swimming cossie, bring a copy of Vogue and don’t forget your credit card !!
- Bahia Del Duque – Another one you may need to put on the old credit card but well worth staying at. The Bahia is a 5* luxury resort where the rich Spanish flock in the hight of summer. Extremely picturesque, staff on hand to look after your every whim and Moet champagne served with your breakfast each morning. If you are looking for some pure luxury this is the place to stay.
- Oasis Shopping Centre – Everyone loves a spot of shopping while on holiday and the Oasis Shopping Centre offers you lots of well-known brands and several smaller boutiques all in one place. It’s like a mini outdoor Trafford Centre. You can buy everything from Jimmy Choo’s too cheesy Tenerife t-shirts here.
- First Love – This is the only restaurant where I let the waitress ( also the owner ) order for me. I have eaten at fine dining restaurants in Dubai and First Love still beats them hands down. Owned by a young Italian couple the food, wine & atmosphere has some sort of magical effect on you ( I say magical, I mean you may go back to the hotel and conceive your 2nd child type of magic ) No visit to Tenerife is complete without a visit here.
- Watching The Surfers – This can be a romantic hour watching the sun go down while the surfers catch a wave or a fun afternoon on the beach as a family with a picnic. The best Location to watch is the seafront of Los Cristiano ( just before McDonald’s ) the biggest waves tend to be October – February so if you are off for some winter sun don’t forget to check the surfer dudes out.
- Puerto Colon – Well worth a visit here day or night, the marina offers beautiful restaurants & bars to sit and watch the world go by. The beach has a selection of water sports on offer & a floating obstacle course. Whether you are looking for a relax or an energetic afternoon, Puerto Colon has everything you need.
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel – If you are looking for a family friendly hotel in a great local then the Cleopatra Palace Hotel is the place for you. With lots of fun activities during the day and family friendly nightly entertainment, this action-packed hotel delivers something for everyone.Look out for the old school foam pool party on a Wednesday.
- Hard Rock Cafe – No holiday is complete without a trip to a Hard Rock Cafe. The Mac&Cheese is worth the 4-hour flight alone. The Hard Rock Cafe Tenerife is a great family location to eat at thanks to the amazing waiting on staff who can entertain even the most challenging of a child. The food is creative and when you really crave a fancy cocktail and an enormous burger this is the place to go.
- The Monkey Beach Club – Looking for a cheeky venue to let your hair down then The Monkey Beach Club is the place. Booming music, shots by the bucket full and dancing till the wee small hours. If you try hard enough you could remember what it’s like to be 18 again ( sadly you liver will remind you that you are mid 30’s in the morning ) but it is worth the hangover 🙂
I hope my post has inspired you to book a winter trip to Tenerife. If you have a favourite place to visit on the island, then comment below. Happy Travels.