I am not sure I really knew what I was letting myself in for when I wrote 2017 Plan Of Action – No More Winging It this time last year. I knew that things needed to change and had a pipe dream to give up my day job to blog full-time but even as I write this now I can’t actually believe I did it. Unlike many people, I won’t be waving goodbye to 2017 and welcoming 2018 with open arms as 2017 was a pretty good year for me. In my personal life we purchased our dream house and celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, career-wise my blog has gone from strength to strength and I started a new career. This has now stood me in good stead for a strong start to 2018 but for the first time ever I am scared of what the next 12 months will bring. There is no easy way of saying this but 2018 is the year I either sink or swim. Financially I need to have a regular monthly income and for my own pride, i need my ‘brave move’ to workout.
I am well aware that I put far too much pressure on myself to be perfect and find it hard to give myself a pat on the back but I did achieve many of my pie in the sky business objectives for 2017. I hit my target 80% increase in 3 out of my 5 platforms (Instagram, Pinterest & YouTube) Overall I increased my social media following by 72.8 %. I have had my work published by Mumsnet & BritMums, I earned well over my target of £1,000 and most major of all I left my day job for a new career in Social Media.
The theme of 2018 is bigger is better. I need to increase my following and get The UnNatural Mother in front of as many brands as possible to secure as much paid work as possible.
My Social Media Following & Targets
Target – Twitter – 12K Instagram – 10K YouTube – 1K Pinterest – 500 Facebook – 5K
- To complete and pass my Digital Mums Social Media Management Course
- Earn £10,000
- Get paid work as a SMM
- Take a YouTube editing course
- Set up and run 2 paid courses for local business’s – How To Set Up & Blog For Your Business & Social Media For Beginners.
- Upload 1 YouTube Video per week
- Post 2 blogs per week
- Pitch to 3 companies per month
- Go to the gym twice a week
- Loose 1 stone in weight ( working from home and endless cups of tea does not help your waistline )
- Enjoy more time on my own ( maybe just go to the toilet on my own would be a good start )
- Put Charley back into nursery part-time ( mama needs to work )
- Start saying ‘no’ as I say ‘yes’ far too much
- Run a 10K race
Quarterly Goal Breakdown
- Complete & graduate Digital Mums SMM Course
- Complete ‘How To Hussle’ bolt-on Digital Mums course
- Take on 2 new clients social media accounts
- Plan Social Media For Beginners Course
- Retain working with 2 clients and look for 1 extra to work with
- Advertise and run Social Media For Beginners Course
- Complete a YouTube Editing Course
- Retain 3 clients SM accounts
- Plan and run How to set up and blog for your business course.
- Have booked or completed my 10K race
- The UnNatural Mother to be a recognised brand
- To be the go-to social media expert for local businesses
- To have made money from my YouTube channel.
- To have hit all my social media follower targets
- To have earnt £10,000 income between my blog & my Social Media Management Company
What are your plans for 2018? Do you have a work goal or dream to concur? Comment below on your 2018 plans.