On an average day, how much me-time do you get? May you be thinking ‘Me time? What me-time?’ and you’d be right. This is because according to a study, the average mum only gets 17 minutes to herself a day.
As mum’s, we are constantly on the go – our work is never done. But we should also make some time for ourselves. Why? Because although our kids are our world, we’re important, too. You may be a mum but you’re still a person and you deserve some time to yourself.
Having said that, it can be difficult. To help, here are some me-time ideas.
20 Minute Ideas
- Put on your favourite playlist and dance around – it’s the perfect way to workout, release those endorphins and reduce stress.
- Take a relaxing soak in the tub knowing you won’t be interrupted. Add bubbles, candles and enjoy a cuppa for a truly relaxing 20 minutes.
- Have a power nap. Sometimes there’s nothing better than catching a few Z’s.
- Unwind with a good book. You could read a chapter or zone out with an audiobook.
- Talk a walk. You can stretch your legs, enjoy some fresh air and clear your head.
- Turn your home into a yoga studio. It’s the perfect way to stretch and unwind.
- Go for lunch. Whether you take yourself out or catch-up with a friend, you can enjoy just being an adult for a couple of hours.
- Enjoy a long drive. Turn up those tunes, sing along at the top of your voice and stop at a drive-thru.
- Put your feet up with a film. You could go to the cinema or relax on the sofa in your pyjamas. Either way, popcorn is mandatory.
- Pamper yourself. Book an appointment to get your hair or nails done.
- Go on a date night with your partner. You can enjoy some quality couple time.
Full Day Ideas
- Take a spa day. Treat yourself to a day retreat, like Urban Retreat‘s luxury Moroccan spas, where you’ll be seriously pampered.
- Go on a mini road trip. Venture alone, with a friend or your partner and explore a new city or enjoy a day in the country. Make sure to stop off somewhere lovely for lunch.
- Spend the day shopping. You deserve to treat yourself to some clothes that aren’t covered in baby sick or stains.
- Or enjoy a day in bed. And yes, chocolate is mandatory for this one.
Hopefully, these can help you to enjoy some well-deserved me-time. Do you have any other ideas?