This weeks featured blogger is the Laura from Five Little Doves .
This amazing lady is not only a mummy of 5 , Freelance Writer , Budding Novelist , Award Nominated Baby Loss Campaigner but also has the power to make the ASOS website crash with orders when she posts a picture of herself in one of their dresses. So without further ado over to Laura ………
Hi, I’m Laura, 36, married to Gareth and proud mummy of five. I’m a stay at home parent juggling the children, blogging, freelance writing and working on my first novel when possible. I spend my time refereeing the children’s arguments, counting down to bedtime, watching far too much reality tv and eating my body weight in Wispas.
- Tell me what you are wearing in the picture and why it’s your favourite going out outfit?
I wore this outfit recently to a wedding and it is my absolute favourite dress! It’s from ASOS and I got so many lovely compliments on it, it’s actually sold out now on the website. I feel like I should have charged commission!
- How often do you get to go on nights out?
Very few and far between, which is why photo was taken from a wedding rather than a night out. Although it was the best night out I’ve had in ages, even though I don’t remember a think from 7pm!
- Where is your favourite place to go on a night out? (E.g. favourite bar / restaurant/concert)
If it’s just me and my husband then a nice restaurant and then home at a decent hour to get optimum sleep before we have to pick the kids up the next day! If I’m with the girls then its cocktails, bars and dancing till the early hours!
- How much do you normally spend on an outfit and where do you like to shop?
It depends on the occasion, I’m quite good at getting a bargain so I could get an entire outfit including a dress, shoes, handbag and accessories for £200. I shop at ASOS, Miss Selfridge, River Island, Dorothy Perkins and Zara.
- How long does it take you to get ready?
Probably an hour start to finish, including a shower. With four children I’ve had to learn to get ready really quickly!
- What is your favourite drink?
Vodka, lime and lemonade if I’m on a night out, or Strawberry and lime Kopparberg if I’m trying to take it easy.
- Do you have a party trick?
I can fit my entire fist into my mouth?!
- What’s the most you have ever spend on an item of clothing/accessory?
£2000 on my wedding dress, I absolutely loved it though and it was worth every penny, even though I only wore it the once!
- What’s your No1 tip for getting ready with kids in the house?
Bribery!!! My girls are a nightmare when I’m trying to get ready, demanding that I paint their nails too or wanting to try my make up/shoes/clothes which is never fun when I’m always running late!
- If you could have a night out anywhere in the world where would it be, why that location and what would you do on the night out?
I would jet over to Las Vegas with all of our friends, see a show, eat amazing food, drink cocktails, go to the casino and party the night away. It would probably take me months to recover but it would be so worth it! It’s definitely on my bucket list!