I am the first person to admit I am no Mary Poppins when it comes to being a mummy and there are days when Facebook is filled with yummy mummies baking and crafting with their little munchkins while I am knee-deep in baby dribble and at war with Harry.It was on one of those eventful days in December I read Patricia from WhiteCamellias post on #RockingMotherhood and so today I thought I would give myself a break (between battles) and write my 10 reasons I am rocking the sh*t out of Motherhood.
- I work hard to give my kids every opportunity available to them.This doesn’t mean I spoil them but I want them to be well-travelled, well-educated and enjoy all that life can give them.
- I am a big kid at heart and have no issues with dressing up as Elsa, jumping in some muddy puddles like Peppa or swinging from trees like Tarzan.
- I am my children’s quiet place, away from all the noise of the world.
- I am bringing my children up to be who they want to be and knowing that whatever path they take I will be there to support them.
- I give the best cuddles.Simply they are the best
- I can be fearless, in the case of huge black spiders needing removal or rescuing children from the top of 20ft inflatable slides ( while 20 weeks pregnant), I just do what needs to be done.
- I am following my own Motherhood path and do not listen to outside sources.
- I breastfeed both my babies where ever and whenever they needed it for as long as they wanted my boob.
- I make sure our free time & weekends are filled with fun activities to keep them entertained and stop them being glued to YouTube.
- When in pain I will stay up all night with my children rocking them and softly singing ‘Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer’ ( It was the only song I knew when Harry was born so it’s my go-to song all year round )
How are you #RockingMotherhood? What would your 10 reasons be?
I am now tagging 5 more bloggers to take up the challenge
Abbie from www.mamawilkos.com
Victoria from www.mummytimestwo.com
Laura from www.fivelittledoves.com
Deborah from http://countryheartandhome.com
Care from www.carejohnson.co.uk
Here are the Rules
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind.)
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.